2007-09-10

gb620411

When I first saw her picture, something about it caught my eye. I looked closer. Her photos were not the best, but she didn't appear unattractive. A simple, sensible looking girl.

As I read her profile, I decided to sent her a simple note.
"What's your take on Motorcycles."

Her reply began, "Ha, funny you should ask ..."
... and ended with her email address, which she got wrong, but immediately corrected in a follow-up email.

So now I'm thinking, "At least she likes motorcycles."

After a couple more emails back and forth, she asked if I would like to meet. To which I replied, "Of course I would like to meet you. Isn't that the whole point."

So we set up a time and place to meet that Thursday.

Now by the time Thursday came around, I had looked more closely at her pictures, and read her profile a couple of more times. I don't know if I was just tired toward the end of the week, but I thought about postponing the meeting.

As it was, I ended up going anyway, but with a kind of "Oh well" attitude.

When I got to the restaurant, she was waiting in the lobby, the third girl in from the door. We said hello, and she leads with a joke. Something about my having to go down the line and look at the other two girls before seeing her.

Her sense of humor caught my attention right away, and my attitude toward her was transformed.

Once we were seated, the conversation came easily, and the time passed quickly. Before long, I was sure glad that I hadn't cancelled.

Looking back now, I would have to say her profile was an understatement. It turns out that she is smart, funny, playful, open minded, sexy, and cute as a button.

Last night after we left the restaurant, I told her this story as we walked back to the parking garage where we had left our cars. And for a couple more hours, we just talked and laughed.

She is an amazing girl. Regardless of what happens, I'll never forget her.