2007-08-28

What's the Tip?

There's this girl I know. Well I don't really know her yet, I just met her a couple of weeks ago. Right after my birthday.

She's got to be smart. Has a degree in Physics. I never finished college, but did get through some calculus classes. You don't get a technical degree if your not smart.

We've been out eat a couple of times. She wont let me buy, insists on paying her fair share.

Better to feel wanted than needed, but that's not the point.

I've noticed that it takes us a long time to figure how much the tip should be. Not whether it should be fifteen percent or twenty percent, but rather, what exactly is twenty percent.

What makes it funny is that either of us could quickly and easily calculate what number would be twenty percent of the bill. Divide by ten and double the answer. A very simple calculation compared to advanced math.

We just can't do it while we're talking.